Networking

Ask computer networking questions and get answers ASAP

I need help and advice, I have a new fire tv, iTunes have…

I need help and...

I need help and advice, I have a new fire tv, iTunes have sent me 3 emails,$115.00 each, having trouble cancelling?refund

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what email service provider are you using?

Yahoo.com

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

My laptop automatically did so yesterday. today is when I installed the amazon fire tv

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

On the itune charge notice,clicled on unsubscribe/refund. was sent to a reliougus page,said page not found

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac expert to know before I connect you?

I checked my phone/bank for charges, charges not there. on my amazon acct, no charges.

8/17/2017
Nathan, System Administrator

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Can you please explain a bit more about the itunes issue?
There is no relationship between firetv which is an amazon product and itunes which is an apple service.

after setting up amazon fire tv, I scanned, maybe accidentlytold "alexa" I want to hear the temptations, maybe on Pandora......the computer bill says Pandora premium, 3mo. $115.00 no contact to cancel. I want toa refund
no more charges no connect to my device

Okay if you may have started a pandora subscription then, that is a function of pandora and you would contact pandora customer service for that. It is not something amazon or itunes can handle for you.

You'll need the alexa app on your smartphone or tablet.

1. Launch the Amazon Appstore application.

2. From the Appstore menu, click on Subscriptions.

3. From the My Subscriptions screen, click on Pandora Plus Subscription.

4. From the Subscription screen, you can turn auto-renewal off to cancel your subscription.

hi again, had a phonecall. will follow you instructions. I hope it works. can I do this via my laptop? if I close you out, will I be able to report to you, how much money am I being charged. and do I need to unsescribe before more charges, if I ck back on, are there more charges, is this $35.00 for I month. and that's it
You really need to use the Alexa app on a phone or tablet if you started the subscription via the firetv. It won’t work from your laptop. You can keep this open and get back to me when you have a chance. It will be a single fee you don’t have to have an ongoing service.
OK, you have given good advice, I hope I'm successful. I to give a good rating. Did not go thru, maybe later
I don't understand how connection to which device. will help me logon to unsecribe
Do you have a smartphone or tablet like an iPad? Go to the App Store and search for the Amazon Alexa app. Install that. Sign in to your amazon account after opening the app. Then you’ll tap the menu button at the top left and you’ll see the subscription options there to follow the rest of the steps
Nathan, System Administrator
OK.thanks I will try on smart phone when I finish and rate,you will be gone?

No I'm still available to help, if you get stuck or need more help.

I checked amazon account credit card on file. Wrong account no. wrong exp date. May be that's good for me.

You can update that, but you are right if that was wrong to begin with, then that may not be the source of the pandora charge.

You can also try to contact pandora directly and see if they can cancel it for you, here: https://help.pandora.com/customer/en/portal/articles/1468736-cancel-your-subscription#2