Byron
Byron, PC Support Tech
Experience:  CCNA, A+, MCSE 11 years at a large law firm.
13274453

My printer (HP Officejet Pro 8610), after working,

My printer (HP Officejet Pro 8610), after working, wirelessly, with my Lenovo laptop very well, now tells me that the printer is ready, it will not print. Both the printer & my laptop, I like. Can you guide me through the process of getting them connected, again?
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your laptop, and what operating system are you running?
Customer: Lenovo: Model # 80E3A , Operating system: Windows 10.
JA: What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I shut the computer down, quickly, because the printer started to print another copy of a 300+ page unneeded report.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I am an inexperienced operator. I tried to reinstall, unsuccessfully, the printer. I am not sure, but it may have something to do with the Host Name & the IP address. Coach me.
JA: Anything else you want the network expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Only what you require.

Hi. My name is***** you for your question and the opportunity to assist.

If you were to turn the computer back on does it still try to print the document?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No. Give me a phone call:(###) ###-####
Jim Cannon

Hi. Do you other computers of devices that are able to print to the printer?

Thank you. From your computer, please click the link below (after reading this). When the page opens, click the green I Agree button and the connection download will begin. When the file has downloaded (Elsinore.ScreenConnect.Client) select Save/Run or Open. If Windows asks, Allow changes to be made. When the file has loaded we should be connected.

http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=ceb8fc1f-86ce-4240-a2a4-abd056ba7c36

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Byron, your email is very timely. After your efforts to get my computer(Windows 10) (LENOVO) and my printer (HP Officejet Pro 8610) Ii worked for only that day. The next day, I received a notice that printer was in "an error mode". I am sitting in front of the computer right now. As you can I will need it for more than one day. Let me know what I can expect. Jim
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I JUST MADE SURE HE PRINTHEAD WA NOT MISSING & OBSERVED THAT THERE WAS BLACK INK ON THE BOTTOM OF THE PRINTHEAD. I THINK IT WAS INSTALLED PROPERLY.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I JUST CHECKED THE PRINTHEAD AND WHEN I OPENED THE ACCESS DOOR THE PRINTHEAD DID NOT MOVE AS IT NORMALLY DOES.

For a leaking printhead on a less-than-a-year old printer contact

Consumer Technical Support: 1-(800)-474-6836, (1-800-HP INVENT) (24/7)

If they determine the printhead has failed it will be replaced at no cost to you.