Networking

Ask computer networking questions and get answers ASAP

I had the windows7 update glitch. and finally got it to

Customer Question
I had the windows7...

I had the windows7 update glitch. and finally got it to install the updates. but ever since I installed the updates, my network lan card adapter says no ipv4 or ipv6 connectivity and even the wireless ays limited connectivity

Technician's Assistant: How much experience do you have with this particular machine?

Bought it brand new in 2010. no problems ever with it

Technician's Assistant: What happened right before this popped up?

I downloaded the latest windows7 updates with this computer and the computer restarted without internet access

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

Everything in the windows help, even tried to add a us ehternet lan ... it said the same thing about it. the trouble shooting said to load new drivers. I downloaded them from internet with my laptop and installed both the realtek driver (original network adapter card) and the new usb adapter... same thing

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the network expert to know before I connect you?

I went to the Microsoft windows forum troubleshotting... did everything they said... no change. uninstalled my adapters, reinstalled, cleared the ip... same results

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Networking
8/8/2017
Network Technician: cvd4311, CCIE replied 11 months ago
cvd4311
cvd4311, CCIE

Question? Are you connected through a router? If so restart your router and see if it will connect then. If it doesn't then click on the Wifi and click on forget, then go ahead and connect again. Also go here and test your IPv4 & 6: http://test-ipv4.com and http://test-ipv6.com. IF it comes up with an ip address and says it is connected then it isn't your ipv connection.

Also make sure your net card has been updated. And then try this if nothing else will correct it: Open your network connections, right click on “local area network” and click “Disable”, your wireless should identify the network now.

Make sure this is done:

1. Click Start.
2. Select Network, then Network and Sharing Center, and click Manage network connections or Change adapter settings from the list of tasks.
3. Right click the connection of interest and click Properties.
4. Select Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) from the list and click the Properties button.
5. Select Obtain an IP address automatically.
6. Select Obtain DNS Server address automatically.
7. Click OK.
8. Click Close.

Can you get into any sites: google.com, yahoo.com etc etc?

I cannot get to the internet at all and tried all of these. No change at all.
You can't securely connect. It cannot connect to the internet.

Okay did you try all the information above that I wrote?

same results

Can you roll back your machine before you made the updates?

No, it removed all restore points up to the latest windows 7 update.