Claws224, IEEE Network Engineer
Experience:  IEEE, Microsoft
5195814

I had the windows7 update glitch. and finally got it to

Customer Question

i had the windows7 update glitch. and finally got it to install the updates. but ever since I installed the updates, my network lan card adapter says no ipv4 or ipv6 connectivity and even the wireless ays limited connectivity
JA: How much experience do you have with this particular machine?
Customer: bought it brand new in 2010. no problems ever with it
JA: What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I downloaded the latest windows7 updates with this computer and the computer restarted without internet access
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: everything in the windows help, even tried to add a us ehternet lan ... it said the same thing about it. the trouble shooting said to load new drivers. I downloaded them from internet with my laptop and installed both the realtek driver (original network adapter card) and the new usb adapter... same thing
JA: Anything else you want the network expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: i went to the Microsoft windows forum troubleshotting... did everything they said... no change. uninstalled my adapters, reinstalled, cleared the ip... same results
Category: Networking
Expert:  cvd4311 replied 2 months ago.

Question? Are you connected through a router? If so restart your router and see if it will connect then. If it doesn't then click on the Wifi and click on forget, then go ahead and connect again. Also go here and test your IPv4 & 6: http://test-ipv4.com and http://test-ipv6.com. IF it comes up with an ip address and says it is connected then it isn't your ipv connection.

Expert:  cvd4311 replied 2 months ago.

Also make sure your net card has been updated. And then try this if nothing else will correct it: Open your network connections, right click on “local area network” and click “Disable”, your wireless should identify the network now.

Expert:  cvd4311 replied 2 months ago.

Make sure this is done:

1. Click Start.
2. Select Network, then Network and Sharing Center, and click Manage network connections or Change adapter settings from the list of tasks.
3. Right click the connection of interest and click Properties.
4. Select Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) from the list and click the Properties button.
5. Select Obtain an IP address automatically.
6. Select Obtain DNS Server address automatically.
7. Click OK.
8. Click Close.

Expert:  cvd4311 replied 2 months ago.

Can you get into any sites: google.com, yahoo.com etc etc?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I cannot get to the internet at all and tried all of these. No change at all.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
You can't securely connect. It cannot connect to the internet.
Expert:  cvd4311 replied 2 months ago.

Okay did you try all the information above that I wrote?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
same results
Expert:  cvd4311 replied 2 months ago.

Can you roll back your machine before you made the updates?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No, it removed all restore points up to the latest windows 7 update.