Networking

Ask computer networking questions and get answers ASAP

We have a networking connection problem at our office. 1…

Customer Question
We have a networking...

We have a networking connection problem at our office. 1 workstation sporadiacally disconnects to the network.

Technician's Assistant: What device are you trying to connect?

Office computer using microsoft/windows

Technician's Assistant: What Microsoft product do you have?

Windows 7

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Microsoft product?

Updated to current windows. Sorry I am not very computer tech savvy. Just a dental office business mgr

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?

No thank you

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Networking
8/7/2017
Network Technician: GeekGal, Network Administrator replied 9 months ago
GeekGal
GeekGal, Network Administrator

Hi there! My name is*****'m sorry that you're having this problem. It would be my pleasure to assist you. There are a number of things can cause this issue. If you have updated your Windows operating system to the latest version, you probably also need to update the drivers for the individual system components, including the networking components. That alone may resolve the issue. If that doesn't resolve the issue, it will get a bit more complex, but I am confident that we can resolve it.

I'll need the following information in order to best help you:

1) Brand and Model of Computer

2) Current Operating System on Computer - Note: If you're not sure, please click this link and tell me what you see:

http://whatsmyos.com/

3) How is the computer connected to the network? By ethernet cable or wirelessly?

Claws224, IEEE Network Engineer