Networking

Ask computer networking questions and get answers ASAP

We recently bought a Netgear Orbi AC3000 Satelite...thought…

Customer Question
Hi, we recently bought...

Hi, we recently bought a Netgear Orbi AC3000 Satelite...thought I was buying a Router... but my question now is: Will our Netgear R6200 router support this Satellite so we can get better service throughout our house? Or do we need to start with the Netgear Orbi Router to get the maximum range from the Netgear Orbi Satellite?

Technician's Assistant: How much experience do you have with this particular NETGEAR router?

I personally don't work with anything computer...it's my nieces and she's gone till Tuesday evening... but, I don't know if I need to return the Orbi or keep it...if it's not going to be compatible with our existing Netgear router. So, that's my concern at this point

Technician's Assistant: What happened right before this popped up?

You just asked my how much experience I have with this particular Netgear router....and then I answered

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

You are my first attempt at trouble shooting.... I just want to know if the Router and Satellite are compatible?

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the network expert to know before I connect you?

No, I just need to know that right now....

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Networking
8/6/2017
Network Technician: Randy IT Tech, Network Administrator replied 11 months ago
Randy IT Tech
Randy IT Tech, Network Administrator

Hi ,

My name is Randy,

I will be glad to assist you with this.

Yes, the Netgear Orbi AC3000 will connect to your existing home wifi network and add an extra 2,500 square foot of coverage to your existing WiFi System with the same network name.

Please let me know if you need any other assistance.

Also, please take a moment to rate my service by choosing one of the stars at the top and click on submit.

Thank you very much!

The Satellite model does require you to have an existing router(the Netgear 6200 will work great with the Orbi).

Did that work for you?