Networking

Ask computer networking questions and get answers ASAP

Trying to obtain seamless wifi in my house with max-stream…

Customer Question
Trying to obtain seamless...

Trying to obtain seamless wifi in my house with max-stream AC1900 and WRT3200ACM.

Technician's Assistant: Can you describe your network setup (devices and cables used)?

Xfinity isp>surfboard modem>wrt3200ACM>PC via cat5>the rest is wifi some devices (thermostats; TIVO, etc will not support 5G.

Technician's Assistant: What happened right before this popped up?

I do not understand the question

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

I notice that my network_name appears and my network_name_ext on my list of networks on my iphone, etc. I changed to the WRT3200ACM
tonight from the 1900AC to avoid this

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the network expert to know before I connect you?

Does the combination of WRT3200ACM and max-stream AC1900 range extender combo provide seamless wifi capability?

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Networking
8/3/2017
Network Technician: Richard, Network Specialist replied 11 months ago
Richard, Network Specialist

Hi there and welcome

The extender is always going to show a different network, it is how they work.

What you need to do is place them so they cover the entire house, this is how you get a seamless connection.

What is the issue you are having with the current setup?

Please let me know

Thank you

Presumably Linksys MaxStream AC1900 extender + a Maxstream Linksys router (eg.Linksys EA9300 Max-stream AC4000 Tri-band Wi-Fi Router) will present the same network name throughout the house and iphones, etc. will automatically choose the stronger signal and continue without interruption - without having the user having to anything - like in a hotel. Yes or no?

If you set up the devices to have the same SSID (network name) and password ***** they will.

Most extenders are set in a house with the EXT as then you can manage it on your phone better, but when dealing with public such as in a hotel the name is ***** ***** same as is the password.

Thank you

you're welcome

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you