Networking

Ask computer networking questions and get answers ASAP

I want to purchase a dual WAN, load balancing router for my…

Customer Question
I want to purchase a...
I want to purchase a dual WAN, load balancing router for my office. I need one that is easy to configure for someone who has a VERY basic understanding of the technology. I want it to accommodate two internet providers, and manage and balance the network load between the two isp's for my 7 computer workstations (Windows PC's) in my office, and also VOIP phones. I want the router to have "failover" capability, so if one internet provider goes down, the router will automatically route all traffic over the other provider. One thing that might be an issue (not sure) is that one of the internet providers is Cable TV, and static ip service is not available.
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Networking
8/3/2017
Network Technician: Pete, Networking Engineer replied 11 months ago
Pete, Networking Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

You can go for a Draytek model - they will support both of your internet providers, and static IP isn't necessary:

http://www.draytek.co.uk/information/our-technology/load-balancing

--------------------
Your satisfaction is my priority; I hope I have earned 5 stars today!
Kindly take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press Submit at the top of your question page so I am rewarded for my time; tips appreciated :)
You can always reply back after rating me if you need any further assistance at all.
Pete.
--------------------