Networking

Ask Computer Networking Questions and Get Answers ASAP

Networking

Trying to connect to wi-fi, I don't know for sure what you…

Customer Question
Trying to connect to...

Trying to connect to wi-fi

Technician's Assistant: Can you describe your network setup (devices and cables used)?

I don't know for sure what you are asking. Modem with power cord, phone line and Ethernet line

Technician's Assistant: What happened right before this popped up?

I was on phone with Frontier because I can't get on internet. I was on a page with lots of choices and we were trying them to see if one could help. I am no longer on the phone, he suggested I get someone to my house to hook up to Wi-Fi.

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

Turn power off modem and computer, added Ethernet cord, moved modem beside computer so the Ethernet cord reached.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the network expert to know before I connect you?

I guess that is all. Except I am frustrated and ready to swear...lol

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Networking
8/1/2017
Network Technician: Richard, Network Specialist replied 6 months ago
Richard, Network Specialist

Hi there and welccome

Can you tell me please the make and model of the device you are trying to connect to wifi?

Please let me know

Thank you

Claws224, IEEE Network Engineer