Networking

Ask computer networking questions and get answers ASAP

I don't know if you can help me but, I am trying to setup my…

Customer Question
Hi I don't know...

Hi I don't know if you can help me but, I am trying to setup my ASUS RT-AC68R wirless router to the internet using my

Technician's Assistant: What device(s) are you connecting to your RT-AC68R network?

Aeirra 313u Air card. The auto setup has several questions that no one seems to know the answers to.

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Asus router?

I have tried the auto setup and it asks me for. locaton, apn, dial number, pin code, username, passwords. I go to AT&T and ask for these and they say there is no such thing. ASUS say they must have these supplied from ISP which is AT&T I am confused as how to make this thing work and it says that Sierra 313u is supported.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the network expert to know before I connect you?

The router type is RT-AC68R as I said before

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Networking
7/31/2017
Network Technician: Kris R, CCIE replied 11 months ago
Kris R
Kris R, CCIE

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I’ll do my best to help you today. I may have some follow-up questions to help me better understand your question.

Hi
Sorry for the delay, we are busy and I've just got to your question.
Can you let me know when you're ready to look at this and we will make a start.
Thanks
Kris

I am ready for your response

Can you tell me what the questions are?

No I don't think this would work as I will loose the internet when trying to connect to the router.
The only internet connection that I have is via the Seirra Air card with a direct connection from this computer to the usb air card and att isp

Is this getting connected to a router that is currently in place?

sorry that is a setup for the asus router ie 192.168.1.1 and doing the easy setup

Is it connected to a modem

I have a internet connection now using air card watcher which connects to att. What I need to do is plug the usb from the air card into the router and connect an e net cable from the router to this computer and set up the router to get to the internet through the air card.
with the router in between so I can have wireless from the router. but I can't get the internet while using the router. that is my problem. When i do the setup for the router it asks for the info in the screen shot that I sent. I call ASUS and they say that I must get the info from my ISP which is ATT I call ATT and they say there is no such thing or requirement. this is a catch 22!!!!!

OK - going to opt out of this one so another expert can assist.

I am stuck for answers and they will be able to help you quicker

Sorry I could not help you as fast as I thought!

This is a complicated mess but it does work as I am using it back in Texas but I don';t remember how I got it working. I know I never had to supply the info that they wanted. I can't get anyone at ASUS that knows anything you know the technical support from places like that. they just have a canned trouble tree and if there is no input for your problem then there is no solution!!!!
The setup manual for the ASUS router is a long one but the few pages that deal with this setup through the USB is on page 42 I think.
I am not sure that this is what I used in Texas. Seems to me I did some setup manually as the auto setup never worked.