Networking

Ask computer networking questions and get answers ASAP

I have installed your DIR 880L in my living area. My Apple…

Customer Question
I have installed your...

I have installed your DIR 880L in my living area. My Apple computer is in a BR about 40 ft. away behind one door at most. My router is installed 6' high but is behind the molding on top of a cabinet. My router is hard wired by an ethernet cable from my wi-fi box in a condo serving 99 units. Hard wiring from the router to the computer would be difficult and unsightly.

Technician's Assistant: What's the model of your Apple router?

IMac 21 is all I readily know

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Apple router or your Apple?

I've conducted no tests. My problem is that the computer is sometimes slow or un-responsive. Router has power and system works Ok sometimes. My condo service is a common provider. Sometimes Netflix on my Smart TV is slow. It was a bigger problem in the past.

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Networking
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
If you think that is a possibility.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have changed my mind. I do not intend to subscribe to any monthly service. I simply tried to contact the support system system that I thought was provided by my D-Link Device. Please cancel any contract proceedings-- as I have not yet received any answer to my initial question, which is taking too long.
Answered in 1 hour by:
7/31/2017
Network Technician: D.Sandlin, Network Administrator replied 1 year ago
D.Sandlin
D.Sandlin, Network Administrator

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is Dustin.
I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I will do my best to help you resolve i

You do not have to sign up for a monthly service. We can set this up as a one time service, and if I cant fix the issue you will be entitled to a full refund.

It may be a bit simpler and easier if you and I connect through a secure remote assistance. With that, I will be able to connect to your computer from here and work on repairing the issue personally. This can save a lot of time and if your not very fluent with computer repairs this is the best option.

Our secure remote assistance is guaranteed meaning if I cant solve the issue then you will be entitled to a full refund of all fees. Would you like to try a remote assistance session or would you prefer to continue via written support alone?

Thank you for your response,

Dustin S

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Not interested in a monthly service-- nor a one time service. I was only responding to tech support listed on my D-Link router.

You dont have to have monthly service. But we are a paid technical support company

If you dont want guaranteed, paid help, Ill go ahead and close out of this question.

Dustin S