Networking

Ask Computer Networking Questions and Get Answers ASAP

Networking

Got this xbox one did all the set ups now we me and my son

Customer Question
Hi got this xbox one...
Hi got this xbox one did all the set ups now we me and my son wants to make a new avatar but xbox will not conecet to wifi asking for an ssid this is very not cool as this is a chelp
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: xbox one s one week
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: couple of days right top of screen shows not coneckted to wifi don't know how to do troubleshooting it just asking for a SSID
JA: Anything else you want the game expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no just help please
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Networking
7/29/2017
Network Technician: Pete, Networking Engineer replied 4 months ago
Pete, Networking Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

The "SSID" is the name of your wireless network.

So the XBox One is trying to connect to your wireless router, if you have one available.

Do you have a wireless router and wireless network available, for wireless internet streaming to your Xbox One?

If you do, then just select or enter the ID name for your wifi network.

Pete, Networking Engineer