Networking

Ask computer networking questions and get answers ASAP

My ps3 does not play my downloaded soccer game which i have…

Customer Question
My ps3 does not...

My ps3 does not play my downloaded soccer game which i have had no problems playing before now. it simply states that a later version is already installed and there is no need to install this version

Technician's Assistant: When did your game system stop loading games?

Just a day now

Technician's Assistant: What happens when you try to play other games or media (CD's, DVD's, etc.)?

Netflix and other media are running fine, game cds also seem to be running fine, the downloaded games however dont load

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the game expert to know before I connect you?

Thats it

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Networking
7/29/2017
Network Technician: Pete, Networking Engineer replied 1 year ago
Pete, Networking Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

It sounds like you've got two versions of the game installed - it might be saved somewhere else, or in the "Unknown" folder if you make your own folders.

You will need to remove the older version if there is one.

If you are certain that you only have one version of the game then your PS3's database is likely corrupt as it thinks you have another version. So boot into Safe Mode and select "Rebuild Database", which should correct the issue if the game is definitely not already installed.

--------------------
Your satisfaction is my priority; I hope I have earned 5 stars today!
Kindly take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press submit at the top of your question page so I am rewarded for my time; tips appreciated :)
You can always reply back after rating me if you need any further assistance at all.
Pete.
--------------------