Claws224, IEEE Network Engineer
Experience:  IEEE, Microsoft
5195814

I have a Linksys EA7500. I don't seem to be getting a

Customer Question

I have a Linksys EA7500. I don't seem to be getting a signal. How do I find out what's wrong.
JA: How much experience do you have with this particular Linksys product?
Customer: None other than installing it.
JA: What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Nothing. I had been using an ethernet cable to connect to my DVR while the Comcast and TiVo folks got it up and running. However even after I disconnected it, I still got signal at least through 11:30 pm last night. There was lightning last night, but I had signal after it passed and there was no outage what so ever.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I can't find the instruction book. However, I unplugged it, waited 10 -15 seconds and plugged it back in. The Linksys logo which has been flashing is now solid, but I don't know what that means.
JA: Anything else you want the network expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don't know enough to give any further information.
Category: Networking
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 2 months ago.

I am sorry to hear about your problem. My name is ***** *****, I am a Tech Expert with over 20 years of experience and look forward to helping you today.

If you plug the wireless computer into the Linksys router, are you able to access the Internet?

I will be standing by, looking forward to your response.
Thank you,
Jason