Claws224, IEEE Network Engineer
Experience:  IEEE, Microsoft
5195814

We just upgraded our wifi to 5g here and I am unable to

Customer Question

We just upgraded our wifi to 5g here and I am unable to connect with my current Kindle
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: it is version: Kindle 5.8.9.2 (31790002) Can you tell me if it is capable of running on 5g?
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Model DP75SDI I think I bought it two or three years ago. Do you need more than that?
JA: Anything else you want the eReader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not really. I just want to be able to get on WIFI so that I can download my recent purchases.
Category: Networking
Expert:  Viet - Network Tech replied 2 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Your Kindle is not able to connect to 5G, but it is able to connect to 2.4G.
What is the make / model of your Internet modem/router device?

What's the error or message?
Do you also have a laptop / wireless computer that is currently connected via wireless? If so, does it have Windows xp, vista, or 7, 8, 10, or Mac?
Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

Can you please check at the back / bottom of your internet modem / router device(s) for the model of it?

It looks like you are not there. We can schedule another time.

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help. Thank you,

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help. Thank you,