Pete, Networking Engineer
Experience:  CISCO Certified Networking Engineer
30970729

It's not working!!! What is a telephone number I can call

Customer Question

It's not working!!! What is a telephone number I can call for tri link router support? I do not want to play message tag.
JA: Can you describe your network setup (devices and cables used)?
Customer: Pearl, I just want a phone number to talk to a tech....................is that complicated?
JA: What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: This has nothing to do with my issue. Please, just give me a phone number I can talk to a human.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Am I being vague, what do you not understand about my asking for a tech. phone number????????????
JA: Anything else you want the network expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have talked to Xplornet and they tell me that the router needs to be reconfigured because I can get on the Internet from my laptop, however, my Kobo ereader, my tablet and my wireless printer is not being recognized so I can't use these "supposedly attached devices" from my own wireless. I have tested both my ereader and my tablet elsdwhere and there is no issue. My router's name is "gizmoe2", however, both the ereader and the tablet only see "gizmoe" which was the original name. Why am I paying anything for something that I didn't do?
Category: Networking
Expert:  Sean_A_M replied 2 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I would like to try to help you, just be one moment please while I look up some information for you.

Expert:  Sean_A_M replied 2 months ago.

Just so I understand correctly - is your router a "TRILINK™ IMS GATEWAY (MODEL 427V)" by westell ? (Model number should be on the bottom of the router on a sticker.)

when I have that information I can try to find what you are asking for more accurately.

Also, in case you are not aware, this is an independent technical support and customer assistance website, not connected with your internet service or router in any way.

I could try to assist myself if you like as I am trained and experienced in networks and routers.

--please confirm the model number and tell me if you would like me to try to help or simply provide the phone number for Canada for you.

Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

Hello, I see the previous expert has left the conversation.
Please reply and let me know if you still need assistance with this.