Sean_A_M
Sean_A_M, Network Administrator
Experience:  Experienced in routers,modems,network cables, wifi
74914698

How can i use my at home internet service on my android

Customer Question

how can i use my at home internet service on my android smartphone while im away from my home
Category: Networking
Expert:  Sean_A_M replied 2 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I would like to try to help. please let me know when you are ready to work on this

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
im ready
Expert:  Sean_A_M replied 2 months ago.

OK, just so I am clear on what you are trying to do:

are you asking if WHILE AWAY FROM HOME you can use your home wifi to get on the internet ?

Or are you asking if you can go across the internet and access computers and devices in your home ?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
no i was wondering if i can search the web on my phone using my house internet as like an access point
Expert:  Sean_A_M replied 2 months ago.

I am afraid if you are out of range of your home (usually limited to approx 50 feet) then you would not be able to, the technology would simply not be there. There ARE long range devices you might use out in your yard to extend but if actually away from your home it would not be possible, I am sorry.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
im not exactly sure what the term for it is called i get proxy, vpn, apn, all confused
Expert:  Sean_A_M replied 2 months ago.

OK. That would be a secure way to get TO your home computer across the internet and access the devices from anywhere you have internet access on. You would still need some sort of internet access to get TO your home computer network and devices.

A VPN (Virtual Private Network) is just a secure "tunnel" that gets you to another computer without the possibility of being spied on.

A proxy would be a an internet "hand off" device so it would look like internet traffic came THROUGH the proxy instead of your home connection and would also be able to block some websites if needed.