Claws224, IEEE Network Engineer
Experience:  IEEE, Microsoft
5195814

Just got my Kindle 8 in the mail-it won't connect to my

Customer Question

just got my Kindle 8 in the mail-it won't connect to my wi-fi here in my home, even using the correct password-what do I need to do now?
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: brand new, Kindle HD8
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: just started when I tried to get online after receiving it in the mail-says "problem authenticating" Wifi works great in rest of house , on all items
JA: Anything else you want the e-reader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: nope thanks
Category: Networking
Expert:  Viet - Network Tech replied 3 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. What is the make / model of your Internet modem/router device?
Do you also have a laptop / wireless computer that is currently connected via wireless? If so, does it have Windows xp, vista, or 7, 8, 10, or Mac?
Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

Can you please check at the back / bottom of your internet modem / router device(s) for the model of it?

It looks like you are not there. We can schedule another time.

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help. Thank you,

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help. Thank you,