Networking

Ask Computer Networking Questions and Get Answers ASAP

Networking

I need help with my internet password. We have bundled

Customer Question
I need help with my...
I need help with my internet password.
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: We have bundled service with mediacom, including tv, phone and Internet. It's been about 9 months since we got it. I forget the internet password.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I just got a new Kindle Fire and it wants the password.
JA: Anything else you want the electronics expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, just password *****
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Networking
7/13/2017
Network Technician: Randy IT Tech, Network Administrator replied 6 months ago
Randy IT Tech
Randy IT Tech, Network Administrator

Hi ,
My name is***** am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.
I will be glad to assist you with this.

If you have a windows computer connected to the Wi-Fi network you can view the password ***** in use under the Security tab of the Properties for the network. Go to Network and Sharing center. Then right click on your network name, then choose properties, then security.

If you don't have a Windows computer connected then you will need to log in to the Home Networking Control Panel to view or change the password. You can get to the control panel by going to homewifi.mediacomcable.com and using the Mediacom email address set up to activate Wi-Fi service as the user name and the default password ***** ***** MAC id of the modem (all lowercase letters, all together without any special symbols.)

If you have trouble locating this let me know and we can use a secure remote screen connection to to find the password ***** you. It will require downloading a screen connect app to get us started.
You can reply to me here by typing in the box below please.

did that work for you?

Randy IT Tech
Randy IT Tech
Randy IT Tech, Network Administrator