Claws224, IEEE Network Engineer
Experience:  IEEE, Microsoft
5195814

I am beyond my 90 day support and my router got fried. My

Customer Question

I am beyond my 90 day support and my router got fried. My ISP sent me a new one but does not have WPS. How much would support cost to get my Netgear extender setup again? See case #***** EX6150 Model #
JA: I'm not sure of the exact price, but there's only a $5 deposit. The rest of the price information will be on the page I send you to. How much experience do you have with this particular Netgear router?
Customer: I set it up when I had my wndr3400v3 Netgear router without any problem
JA: What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I was typing a response
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Everything I could. The new router is a Linksys used by rise broadband and does not have WPS
JA: Anything else you want the network expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: That's it if the can get the extender connected.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Networking
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 month ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Would you like instructions on how to get the extender setup again?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.

OK... do you have the old 'wireless password' or wireless passphrase that was used to be entered on computers and devices that wanted to connect?

If you do - then that would help you set up the replacement Linksys router so that it matches the existing setup for the range extender. That way, half the work for both of us, just the Linksys to configure, not both boxes to configure.

(Now, please don't state the password ***** the passphrase here. This is not a private forum. It's just needed that you know it, if possible.)

But if you don't have it, then it can be gotten off any Windows computer (and perhaps other devices) that were connected to the old now-fried router and still have the configuration on them... so let me know if that's the case.