GeekGal
GeekGal, Network Administrator
Experience:  MIS degree 15+ years Experience as Network Administrator
76665483

I'm looking for my password on Linksys E1200 I see something

Customer Question

I'm looking for my password ***** Linksys E1200 I see something on the Bottom MAC Address is this my password
JA: How much experience do you have with this particular Linksys product?
Customer: little
JA: What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: the E 1200 is working I just bought a smrt TV and it is asking for my password
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: none
JA: Anything else you want the network expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Networking
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
is this my password
Expert:  GeekGal replied 5 months ago.

Hi there! My name is*****'m sorry that you're having this problem. It would be my pleasure to assist you. Unfortunately, the MAC address is not the password. If you set up your router without using Cisco Connect, your router’s default username and password ***** ***** If you used Cisco Connect to set up your router, you can see your router’s user name and password ***** running Cisco Connect (on the computer that used when setting up the router) and then clicking Router settings.

If the default password (admin) doesn't work and you no longer have Sysco Connect installed I can help you find your password ***** you have a computer that is connected wirelessly to the network. I'll just need to know what operating system you have on your computer. If you're not sure, please click this link and tell me what you see:

http://whatsmyos.com/

Here is a link to the user manual for your Linksys E1200

http://downloads.linksys.com/downloads/userguide/E_Series_UG_E900Rev_3425-01486_Web.pdf

Please give these suggestions a try and let me know the results. If this resolves your problem, please take a moment to rate my service. I'd really appreciate it! As an independent consultant, I am only paid for my work if I receive a positive rating. I work very hard to offer excellent service. You can give your rating by selecting the stars located on the top right of the question page and then clicking on submit. If this does not resolve the problem, please let me know so we can continue troubleshooting. I am committed to working with you until your problem has been resolved. Your complete satisfaction is my goal! Thank you!