Networking

Ask Computer Networking Questions and Get Answers ASAP

Networking

I cant get my Dell 1320C printer to work with my new

Customer Question
Nighthawk ac1750...
I cant get my Dell 1320C printer to work with my new Nighthawk ac1750 Smart Router model R6700
JA: Have you tried "power cycling" your router -- unplugging it and letting it rest for about ten seconds?
Customer: yes and even tried bringin my printer to the router and using the short cable and cycled the modem and the router and the printer several times. I know the printer was was working with my old router and modem setup and it even seemed to work with the new setup as It registered in the Router log file (which I cleared to see if it would relog - it didnt)
JA: What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I didnt see anything. Maybe xfinity resetting its system to use the new modem and router
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Ive tried everything I know. Ive even looked all through the computer network but the printer is absoultely invisible to the computer and everything now that it is going through the router. The router shows orange like its semi connected but thats all
JA: Anything else you want the network expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Hammer next? haha
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Networking
5/10/2017
Network Technician: Josh, Helpdesk replied 6 months ago
Josh, Helpdesk

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

You will need to connect your printer to the new router then run the setup again on your computer

im not sure what you mean run the setup. on the printer?
setup the router? or printer?

Click here: http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/04/Drivers/DriversDetails?driverId=H84GX

Click on Download File

Run the downloaded file and install the printer again

ok I will try that as my last resort. Thanks anyways. I dont want to keep your service. what do I have to do to insure you dont charge more that the $5 that the netgear people said you would charge.

Did you see my link above for the file to download and run?

I saw it. I will work my network over myself if the router is working or not. Just thought you might have some idea why the network can see the connection but not do the pass through. Anyways I will take it from here.

Okay, thank you.

Claws224, IEEE Network Engineer