Networking

Ask Computer Networking Questions and Get Answers ASAP

Networking

Receiving C 27 air iMessage but I'll cables are securely

Customer Question
connected JA: Can you describe your...
Receiving C 27 air iMessage but I'll cables are securely connected
JA: Can you describe your network setup (devices and cables used)?
Customer: I'm not media literate, but a service technician set up everything, recently had to move computer and router etc., everything reconnected, all other Equipment working well, phone PC etc.
JA: What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Had to move media connections but reinstalled
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Only the systems connect feature in Settings
JA: Anything else you want the network expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Don't know what to ask
Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Networking
4/18/2017
Network Technician: Samuel Kresslein,
 replied 9 months ago
Samuel Kresslein

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am one of the experts that is going to help you today. Please give me a moment to look over your question so I don't miss anything.

Network Technician: Samuel Kresslein,
 replied 9 months ago

Is your internet working currently or no?

Network Technician: Samuel Kresslein,
 replied 9 months ago

Okay good, so what is the exact issue?

My Internet is working for all my other devices, in era message C 27 indicates that my TiVo is not connected to the Internet, it suggests the cables are disconnected, they are not
Network Technician: Samuel Kresslein,
 replied 9 months ago

Okay great.

Lets try these steps first.

1. If you set a password ***** your MoCA network, be sure it is set correctly under

Settings and Messages > Settings > Network > Change network settings > MoCA (coax) Connection.
  2. Verify that your coax connections are secure.
  3. Can you connect to the Internet with another device? Yes: Continue to the Step 4. No: There may be a problem with your Internet service.
  4. Restart your TiVo DVR by going to:

TiVo Central > Settings & Messages > Help > Restart or Reset System > Restart the TiVo DVR

If you cannot restart the DVR from the TiVo menus, you will need to powercycle the DVR:

a. Remove the power cord from the back of the DVR.
    b. Wait at least 15 seconds and then reinsert the power cord.
Have reviewed and tried all suggestions without success
Network Technician: Samuel Kresslein,
 replied 9 months ago

Okay, next lets try to power down the TiVo again.

After the TiVo is powered down unplug your modem for 1 minute.

When the minute is up, plug your modem back in.

After your modem has fully restarted, plug the TiVo back in and power on.

This should reset the DNS and IP of the device.

Let me know when you are finished!

Done that but no luck I guess it's time to contact my service provider
Claws224, IEEE Network Engineer