Networking

Ask Computer Networking Questions and Get Answers ASAP

Networking

Pls. Help me choose POE switches to setup my network. I want

Customer Question
Pls. Help me choose POE...
Pls. Help me choose POE switches to setup my network.
I want to run
1- VOIP
2- Mesh WiFi network
3- IP Camera
On single network.
Pls. Suggest following brands
1- Yeastar for IP PBX
2- UBNT Unifi AP for WiFi
3- HikVision up poe cameras
4- UBNT Unifi or Tough poe Switches
Actually I don't want to setup my IP Pbx on computer, so want a single consol which does things for me like analogue ip exchang Panasonic 824.
Is UBNT good for mesh WiFi networking
Are UBNT switches good to setup all this
I am already using HikVision up cameras.
I can't buy Cisco due to high price... So pls. Suggest if any other brand is to be used other than UBNT switches.
You can also suggest SO other than UBNT to make indoor and outdoor mesh network.
I live in Pakistan so my house is bigger than 2 kanals with brick walls.
Pls. Help...
Thanks
Irfan
You can send me email on***@******.***
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Networking
4/11/2017
Network Technician: Robert French,
 replied 7 months ago
Robert French

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today!

Network Technician: Robert French,
 replied 7 months ago

Ubiquiti definitely does have some good products. I never used their switch, only their wifi routers, but I have heard good things. The UBNT poe switches combined with the wifi routers will be able to mesh well. Another suggestion would be cisco, I know you said they are too pricey, but the small business models(SG200-SG500) are great switches and at least where I live they are just slightly more than the UBNT switches. The Meraki switches and wifi routers are also another good option.

I think any of those options would do you well.

If you have any other questions let me know.

Dear *****,Thanks for your response... But I am looking for detailed reply to all my questions and scenarios...I am planning to merge all under 1 networkip telephony + Mesh Wifi Data + ip camerasThese things create heavy trafic all together whereas ip phone could lose packets and i might see voice drop...On the other hand wifi will provide 4k video streaming...Ip cameras itself creat live recording onto the NVR or network storage.So is it possible to run everything smoothly with UBNT poe switches + AP + HikVision cameras ???Pls. Explain how to achieve it.... Currently I have only ip cameras and wifi + wired data in my office, where I am experiencing data problems to be stored properly onto the server.
I am currently using dlink giga unmanaged switches...I am looking an answer from someone who has actually experienced this scenario i have explained above...Because once i spent the money there is no return...
Network Technician: Robert French,
 replied 7 months ago

Ok, that is quite a bit of traffic. So let's say you go with the UBNT option I would do the following:

For switches go with the UniFi switch poe24 or 48 port, depending on how many cameras/phones you have - the 24 can handle a 26Gb backbone and the 48 can do 70Gb, all using gig ports

For wifi go with the UniFi AP AC HD which can easily handle multiple high usage devices and has a pretty decent range, that will also mesh easily with their AP controller.

Then you would just need to setup proper QOS:

In your case I would prioritize phones then cameras then streaming. And depending if you get any buffering on the 4k streaming, move the streaming up above cameras.

The switches can definitely handle that workload, it would just be on you at that point to configure the necessary QOS, but one of the nice things about UBNT is how easy they make that.

Network Technician: Robert French,
 replied 7 months ago

As an estimate let's say you have 25Mbps for the 4k (per device), 5Mbps per camera, and 3Mbps per phone. Depending on how many of each device you have and other things connected to the wifi/switch you should have plenty to spare. Just need to make sure phones are at the top of QOS to avoid any call drops in the event of heavy usage.

Network Technician: Robert French,
 replied 7 months ago

And most likely there is no QOS setup on your dlink switches now since they are unmanaged. And probably a smaller backbone. Which both would cause packet loss.

Hello Robert,I am still not sure about it... Have you checked that my devices will work with the cisco or ubnt switches due to different poe standards...
Network Technician: Robert French,
 replied 7 months ago

Hello Irfan,

Which model of Hikvision cameras do you have? I know the cisco sg500s will work fine as I personally use them every day for heavy POE environments. I rechecked the UBNT ones and saw that they make different wattage versions and you would be best to go with the 500w model instead of the 250w. But if you let me know the model of your cameras I can verify that the poe standards will work.

Network Technician: Robert French,
 replied 7 months ago

Just checking to see if you needed anymore help.If you have anymore questions let me know, otherwise I would appreciate it if you could rate my help. Thank you,Robert
Hi there,Sorry for not coming back due to my overseas travel and Ramadan...Since there is alot of development in technology and mesh wifi products.Do you want me to let you know which cameras I want to install???Moreover I also would like to let you know that currently I have connected my unmanaged switches with 1 port in and 1 port out and 6 port to use for data or cameras.So there are 3 floors
One 16 port unmanged switch
3 wires out to 3 floors
And then on each wire i have connected 8 port switches with 1 port in and 1 port out to next switch scenario.I think this is also making a bottle neck...Pls. Suggest how to move ahead. I really want to solve my question noreally quick.Thanks
Irfan
Network Technician: Robert French,
 replied 4 months ago

Welcome back. Sure, let me know what cameras you are planning on installing so I can get you a more detailed answer.

Hello Robert,Thanks, ***** ***** need some time to finalize pls. I will get back to you shortly.Irfan
Network Technician: Robert French,
 replied 4 months ago

Sounds good, let me know what you find out.

Hi Robert,I have worked around and found following information...1- DS-2CD2685FWD-IZS - POE 802.3AT 42.5V TO 57V, 0.1A TO 0.5A, MAX 19W2- DC 12V (+- 25%) POE 802.3AF 12.5W MAX3- DS-2CD4665F-IZ (H)(S) 24VAC (+- 10%) POE 802.3AT4- DS-2CD2F42FWD-I (W)(S) 12VDC (+- 25%) POE 802.3AF CLASS 35- DS-2DE4220iW-DE PTZ CAMERA 12VDC POE 802.3AT CLASS 4, MAX 20W6- DS-2DF8836iV-AEL (W) PTZ CAMERA HIGH POE & 24 VAC, MAX 60WRobert you can have a look on Hik Vision Network Cameras and can see what network models and opinions they have to be connected via POE.Pls. Have a look on the wifi mesh network products as they have recently improved and alot of new products have been introduced...So suggest what best for me.If you need any more info pls. Let me know.Thanks
Irfan
Hello Robert,Any response???
Robert French
Robert French
Robert French