Claws224, IEEE Network Engineer
Experience:  IEEE, Microsoft
5195814

Netgear WN3000RPv3 shows connected on the genie but wi fi

Customer Question

Netgear WN3000RPv3 shows connected on the genie but wi fi devices will not connect
JA: Have you tried unplugging your router for about ten seconds? And what about other devices? Do they have connectivity?
Customer: The original network ie netgear 84 connects fine but needed the extender to reach the other end of the house. When I try to connect to the netgear 84 EX the devices won't connect, will try unplugging
JA: What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Not sure what you mean?
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Unplug & replug - don't understand why the genie shows everything is good but devices won't connect to the extender - should I reset to factory settings & retry ?
JA: Anything else you want the network expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: All devices work fine with the initial netgear router but buparently signal,
Category: Networking
Expert:  IT Miro replied 7 months ago.

Hello! My name is*****
I am a certified computer professional who will assist you.

Expert:  IT Miro replied 7 months ago.

If there is a problem with connecting your devices to the extender wireless network, please un-plug both the router and extender power adapters from an electrical outlet and leave them unplugged for 1 minute. After that, re-plug them and test connecting to both wireless networks.

Let me know if that helped.

Thanks,

Expert:  IT Miro replied 7 months ago.

Hello again!

I am following up with you to see if you require further assistance. Let me know by sending me a reply below.

Thanks,