Claws224, IEEE Network Engineer
Experience:  IEEE, Microsoft
5195814

Cannot connect wifi to kindle, tried to push button on

Customer Question

cannot connect wifi to kindle
JA: Have you tried unplugging your router for about ten seconds? And what about other devices? Do they have connectivity?
Customer: tried to push button on router for 40 seconds and sstart again
JA: What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: wifi is ok on computers
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: talked to Frontier and their tech = long time
JA: Anything else you want the network expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: is there a cost
JA: You just pay a $5 deposit now and the rest only when you get a reply from the Network Technician. All of this is 100% satisfaction guaranteed, so you can get a refund if you're not happy for any reason.
Customer: ok
Category: Networking
Expert:  GeekGal replied 6 months ago.

Hi there! My name is***** am a computer professional with over 15 years of experience with both Mac and Windows computers, software, phones, tablets, e-readers, and printers. It would be my pleasure to assist you with this. Has it been awhile since you last used your Kindle device?

There was a mandatory update last spring for all Kindles. Without that update, older Kindles will no longer connect to the internet. Fortunately, you can manually install the update by using the cable that came with your Kindle to connect to your computer. Please click the link below for detailed instructions:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201994710

After you have successfully installed the update, your Kindle should connect to wifi properly. Please give this a try and let me know the results.