Claws224, IEEE Network Engineer
Experience:  IEEE, Microsoft
5195814

We have a Linksys E2500. It was working with our Samsung

Customer Question

we have a Linksys E2500. It was working with our Samsung blueray player allowing us to down load Netflicks for a few weeks. Then it stopped working and says it can not connect with the update server. Our brother does connect to Netflicks with his smart TV and he can download movies. The wifi is serving a printer and a laptop also. Is the fact that we can't connect because our Linksys unit is too small.
JA: How much experience do you have with this particular Linksys product?
Customer: We have had it for 2 -3 years with no trouble until we added Netflicks.
JA: What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: One evening when I was watching a movie it appears to freeze and then would not restart. It gave me a NR 2-5 I believe, I have down powered and restarted several time according to your help instructions, but with no success
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I have turned off the unit and unplugged it for fifteen minutes+, during this time, I also unplugged and turned off the wifi and the modem for several minutes. I reconnected each component in the order as instructed with no success.
JA: Anything else you want the network expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: It tells me I needed an password. I tried the password ***** have and it did not work. Also we now have a Roku, which will not connect either.
Category: Networking
Expert:  Kris R replied 9 months ago.

How's it going.
Let me read of your question. Give me a minute.

Expert:  Kris R replied 9 months ago.

Hi

Has your router been changed recently?