Viet - Network Tech
Viet - Network Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Great troubleshooting skills with computer and network.
30037186

Unable to connect to the internet. Error message says that

Customer Question

Unable to connect to the internet. Error message says that wifi doesn't have a valid IP configuration. Other devices are connected to wifi. We have a second wifi and it won't connect to that either
Category: Networking
Expert:  Viet - Network Tech replied 7 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. When did this issue first occur?

If you test connecting an extra Ethernet / network cable from the problematic computer to the internet modem / router device, does internet work that way?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
No....I also tried connecting to a Hotspot but same error comes up.....haven't been on this computer for a month or so...was working fine then. I turned computer off and rebooted...did the same with the router...same issue came up

Thank you. Please try a possible fix below:

- On the problematic computer, press at the same time the two keys Windows logo and R on the computer's keyboard, then type devmgmt.msc then click OK

, then double-click on the item Network adapters to open / expand it

, then right-click on each of the item(s) under Network adapters, then click on Uninstall, and confirm Yes to delete it for now.

, then restart the computer, and wait a bit

, then see if you can connect to your wi-fi / wireless network name.

Please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you,

If needed, here is another solution:

- Click Start->All programs->Accessories->System Tools->System Restore, then the System Restore window should open. Then select the option Choose a different restore point at bottom, if shown. Then click on Next, and restore the computer to any date before this issue first occurred, and check.

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you,

How are you? It's been a few days. Have you gotten a chance to try my suggestions above yet?

Do you still need help with the Wi-Fi internet issue? And/or do you need anything else?

Also, what's the make / model of the problematic computer?

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you,