Networking

Ask Computer Networking Questions and Get Answers ASAP

Networking

I have been working on this homework for a few days and I

have to do a design...
I have been working on this homework for a few days and I have to do a design requirement for the company in the attached scenario. I am having trouble on how to move forward and could really use some help here.
Background Information for World-Wide Trading Company
World-Wide Trading (WWTC) is a large online broker firm in the Hong Kong. The trading company has a staff of 9,000 who are scattered around the globe. Due to aggressive growth in business, they want to establish a regional office in New York City. They leased the entire floor of a building on Wall Street. You were hired as the director of the IT Department. The President of the company asked you to set up the state of the art network by end of this year. He shared with you the organizational structure and a list of the staff. You hired a consultant to test the network infrastructure and power requirement at WWTC office space. The consultant reported that the network infrastructure is solid and gigabit network can be set up on existing network wiring. Also, the existing power supply will meet their current and future demand. The President has reiterated these business goals.
Business and Technical Goals
• Increase revenue from 10 billion to 40 billion in three to four years
• Reduce the operating cost from 30 to 15 percent in two to three years by using an automated system for buying and selling.
• Provide secure means of customer purchase and payment over Internet.
• Allow employee to attach their notebook computers to the WWTC network and Internet services.
• Provide state of the art VoIP and Data Network
• Provide faster Network services
• Provide fast and secure wireless services in the lobby and two large conference rooms (100x60)
On the basis of these business goals, you prepared a RFP to solicit a proposal for designing and implementing a fast, reliable and secure network.
The purpose of this Request for Proposal is to solicit from qualified vendors proposals for a
secure and fast network to ensure proper operation of the network.
To prepare a design for a state of the art network at the Wall Street location of World-Wide Trading.
Propose a Network design that solves the current security audit problems (see security sections), to meet business and technical goals.
Provide a modular, scalable and network.
Provide redundancy at building core layer and building distribution layer and access layer and at workstation level to avoid failure at one point. For Building Access layer provide redundant uplinks connection to Building Distribution layer.
Select appropriate Cisco switch model for each part of your enterprise campus model design from the Cisco Products Link, and use the following assumptions in your selection process.
Selecting the Access layers switches:
a. Provide one port to each device
b. Make provision for 100% growth
Server farm switches
• Assume 6 NIC cards in each server and one NIC card uses one port of switch
• Dual processors and dual power supply
Propose an IP addressing redesign that optimizes IP addressing and IP routing (including the use of route summarization). Provide migration provision to IPv6 protocol in future.
Propose a High Level security plans to secure key applications and servers but encryption of all application is not acceptable. Develop security policy to stop sniffing and man-in-the-middle attack. Your security plan must be based on current industry standards. Multilayer security or defense-in-depth.
Integrate voice and data network to reduce cost. For dialing outside, the World-Wide Trading Company proposes a plan for 100% connectivity with a minimum number of outside lines. For telephone requirements, see the Organization Chart and Telephone Equipment Table.
Provide aggregate routing protocols with hierarchal IP scheme.
Centralize all services and servers to make the network easier to manage and more cost-effective.
Provide LAN speed minimum 100 MB and Internet speed minimum 54 MB.
Provide wireless network access to network users and guest users in limited area (Lobby and Conference room). In conference room and the lobby, the user will get a minimum 54 Mbps of bandwidth. (You can assume that site survey is done and no sources of interference or RF were discovered.)
Provide provisions for video conference and multicast services.
Standardize on TCP/IP protocols for the network. Macintoshes will be accessible only on guest notebook but must use TCP/IP protocols or the Apple Talk Filling Protocol (AFP) running on top of TCP.
Provide extra capacity at switches so authorized users can attach their notebook PCs to the network
Install DHCP software to support notebook PCs
The World-Wide Trading Company will use the following applications:
• Microsoft Office 2014
• Sending and receiving e-mail
• Surfing the Web using Netscape or Microsoft’s Internet Explorer applications to access information, participate in chat rooms, and use other typical Web services
• Accessing the li
I've added a .doc with the full instructions for the project
1/3/2017
Syseng
Syseng, Computer Systems Engineer

My name is David.

By when do you need the report completed?

Is there a length or format requirement for the report?

Thanks,

David.

David,There is no length/format requirement perse, just so long as all the deliverables are met as best as possible. As far as timeline, I'd need it by end of day on the 15th.Thank you

Thank you for the additional detail.

This is a complex report and the offer does not cover the work involved. I am posting a premium service offer that will cover the work required. Please let me know if you accept or have questions regarding the offer.

Thanks,

David.

Syseng
Syseng, Computer Systems Engineer
Hi, I keep getting a request to rate you but I've not received anything from you? Am I missing something? Thanks

I am still working on the report. Please disregard those messages - sounds like they are messages generated automatically by the JA system.

Thanks,

David.

Just letting you know that I am still working on the report.

Thanks,

David.

Please click the link below to download the report:

click here

Please let me know when you download and open the report successfully.

Thanks,

David.

Syseng
Syseng
Syseng, Computer Systems Engineer