Claws224, IEEE Network Engineer
Experience:  IEEE, Microsoft
5195814

My machine is ok, but my husband's hasn't backed up for

Customer Question

hey Pearl, my machine is ok, but my husband's hasn't backed up for almost two weeks.. He keeps getting message about a certificate...are these two things related... his machine is Robert H. Kurz or Bob, *****, Apt. 405, Evanston, IL 60201.....I can be reached by phone at 847-491=9569
JA: Can you describe your network setup (devices and cables used)?
Customer: not really, in home, Comcast, mine is working just fine,
JA: What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I don't know; we noticed on Friday, I believe that the Mozy message said it had been over a week since he was backed but only on his machine.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: had a consultant out here yesterday ...let me get her on the phone and start all over again..
JA: Anything else you want the network expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: RJ 45 connected into the router....as you can tell, I'm not very conversant in this area...is there a chance that my husband's contract has lapsed?
Category: Networking
Expert:  Tim replied 9 months ago.

Hello, I'm Tim, and have over 15 years of experience with eBay, Google, and the Department of Defense. I'm here to do the best I can to assist you.

For sure a cert could cause this, even more likely is the time is off on his PC, if it is off more than a minute, it can cause Cert errors to show, check it out.