Networking

Ask Computer Networking Questions and Get Answers ASAP

Networking

I have a blinking red light on my wireless power box and no

Customer Question
internet- only messages. What do...
I have a blinking red light on my wireless power box and no internet- only messages. What do I do?
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact make and model of your machine?
Customer: Dell laptop. - AMD A8
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Mid afternoon today. Rebooted twice.
JA: Anything else you want the phone expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Only that I am trying to finish my stepson's insurance application- today is deadline!
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Networking
12/16/2016
Network Technician: IT Miro, Computer Scientist replied 1 year ago
IT Miro, Computer Scientist

Hello! My name is*****
I am a certified computer professional who will assist you.

To better assist you with this problem, please let me know the make and model of your router.

Type your reply below.

Thanks,

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
What can we do to resolve this?

I can help you resolve this issue, but I need to know the make and model of your router (Internet box). Please check it and let me know that information here.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
You can resubmit the charge- Amex thought charge was fraudulent and contacted me. I verified it was legitimate.

Thanks for letting me know! Please tell me if you can connect your computer to the router (Internet box) with a network cable since the WiFi connection is not working?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I don't know where any extra cable is- just moved and everything is in boxes

Is there any other computer connected to the router (Internet box) with a network cable at the moment?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Z

OK. Please tell me the make and modem of your router (Internet box). If you don't know, check the bottom or rear side for any information about it.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
AT&T
Model 4111N
Pace(?)

Thanks! Yes, the make is Pace.

In order to enable the WiFi network on that router, you need to connect a computer to it using a network cable and then access the router's web configuration page. I can provide the instructions, but you first need to find a network (Ethernet) cable.

Let me know once you have connected your computer with your router with a network cable.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It will be tomorrow. Thank you.

OK, no problem.

Regards,

Hello again!

I am following up with you to see if you require further assistance. Let me know by sending me a reply below.

Thanks,

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I did not receive resolution- please reopen- I have the cable that you need to shadow my laptop and fix the problem.

Hello again!

Whenever you are ready, let me know and we can continue by establishing a secure remote assistance. Make sure to connect your laptop to your router via an Ethernet cable so that I can remotely connect to it.

Thanks,

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Never mind- I did not receive a response within several hours, so I made contact with AT&T directly.

Is the problem solved now or you still require assistance?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It was solved by AT&T. Thank you.

Thanks for the update!

If you ever require any other assistance, just let me know.

Best regards,

IT Miro, Computer Scientist