Claws224, IEEE Network Engineer
Experience:  IEEE, Microsoft
5195814

Unable to set my user name and password, tried yesterday, i

Customer Question

unable to set my user name and password
JA: When did you last reset your username and password?
Customer: tried yesterday, i hooked up a router my son had purchased in 2010 but have been unable to complete the set up, when i put in user and password ***** will not accept it
JA: What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: i would go to my internet provider slick on netgear equipment then windows 7 will ask about internet connection if on or off my is always on i go through the questions, mark all hit applly and it goes back to enter user and password
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: none
JA: Anything else you want the network expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Networking
Expert:  Dan replied 10 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer, I look forward to assisting you today. You may disregard the Premium Service Offer for Remote Support. That is an automated popup initiated by the web site. If the router has been without power for this long, it may have defaulted back to the factory user name and password? What is the make and model of the router please?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
netgear WGR614v10
Expert:  Dan replied 10 months ago.

Are you connected directly to the router?