Networking

Ask Computer Networking Questions and Get Answers ASAP

Networking

My Linksys router seems to have failed. The power indicator

Customer Question
My Linksys router seems to...
My Linksys router seems to have failed. The power indicator keeps flashing and unplugging the power and resetting the device has not worked. Do I simply need a new routrer?
JA: How much experience do you have with this particular Linksys product?
Customer: No much and it's been installed for years.
JA: What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: printers simply stopped working from other other devices (iphones & iPads) and I've had problems from my desktop and laptop getting my multifunction Kyocera to print. I've also had scanning issues using my document management software with twain setting.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: disconnecting the power and resetting the router.
JA: Anything else you want the network expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes, so give me a minute to type some background info.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Networking
11/4/2016
Network Technician: Jason Jones, Network Technician replied 1 year ago
Jason Jones, Network Technician

I am the person that will be helping you today.

May I ask for the full model name of your Linksys router?

I will be standing by, looking forward to your response.

Thank you,
Jason

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
WRT610N V1

Thank you for the update. I understand that you have already attempted to reset the device.

Please, follow the instructions below to perform a more in-depth reset:

1. When router is powered on, press the reset button and hold for 30 seconds. (Use a paper clip or something sharp)
  2. While holding the reset button pressed, unplug the power of the router and hold the reset button for 30 seconds
  3. While still holding the reset button down, turn on the power to the unit again and hold for another 30 seconds.

Once that is complete, test the router again. If it is still flashing as you described, it is time to replace the router because it has failed.

One quick note: This is my job; however, I only get credit for my time, if you rate my help with 3 Stars or more. I would prefer a 5 star rating, if you are satisfied. If you are not happy with my answer below, please let me know so we can continue.

I look forward to your next message below or your rating on the top of this page (choosing of number of Stars and clicking the Submit button)

Please, do not forget to rate my help on this page.

Thank you again,
- Jason

In the future, if you wish to work with me, ***** *****, you may ask your question at ohe following page that you may bookmark/favorite, if you wish. To be sure that it is sent to me, preface the question with "For ***** ***** Only!"

My Profile page:

http://JasonFixedit.com

Is there anything else I can help you with today? If so, please let me know. If that is all for now, please do not forget to rate my help on top of this page.
Thank you,
Jason

Jason Jones, Network Technician