Claws224, IEEE Network Engineer
Experience:  IEEE, Microsoft
5195814

After we moved, we changed to a new service, from to

Customer Question

After we moved, we changed to a new service, from Cox to CenturyLink. Centurylink came out and set up my husbands computers using a smart box. The service tech recommended we use Linksys instead of a Centurylink router so we went out and bought one and the tech installed it. He was able to connect both my husbands computer and my wireless laptop with no problem to the internet. He was also able to set up my husbands printer. I did not have my printer available at that time for set up. Once I brought my printer to the new home - an HP8620 - I tried to install it on the Linksys router using the information the Centurylink tech gave me. I was unsuccessful. I kept getting a message on the printer that I was using the incorrect password. I called Centurylink and they were unable to access my password ***** the router since it was not one of theirs but a Linksys router. So, now I need some help getting the correct information from my router so I can set up my wireless printer. I am hoping you can help me - warning: I am very technologically challenged! I learned computer on DOS back in the late 80's but after I retired, technology just flew right past me.
Kristy
Category: Networking
Expert:  arsufi replied 9 months ago.

My name is***** am sorry to hear that you have this issue, I look forward to assisting you today with your question and providing the best answer possible.

Please save this page to favorites( ctrl + d) so that you can reconnect in case you get disconnected

Expert:  arsufi replied 9 months ago.

Kristy,

Are you there?

Expert:  arsufi replied 9 months ago.

I am waiting for your response