Networking

Ask Computer Networking Questions and Get Answers ASAP

Networking

I have this problem: windows ce device connected via wifi

Customer Question
I have this problem: http://www.justanswer.com/computer-networking/755mr-datalogic-memor-barcode-scanner-need-access.html JA...
I have this problem: http://www.justanswer.com/computer-networking/755mr-datalogic-memor-barcode-scanner-need-access.html
JA: Can you describe your network setup (devices and cables used)?
Customer: windows ce device connected via wifi can't open any webpage with iesample (explorer) but ther is net connection, rdp works for example
JA: What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: New device, never used before
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Made sure ther is net connection, dhcp o.k., trying to visit a web page on the intranet, others can see it. Problem is with iesample.exe only.
JA: Anything else you want the network expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: It's a datalogic memor with windows ce 5.0
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Networking
10/28/2016
Network Technician: Pete, Networking Engineer replied 1 year ago
Pete, Networking Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Is the web page you are trying to visit hosted internally?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I tried both internal and external
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I also have another very similar, a bit older datalogic device that works. No difference in explorer's settings.

Can you let me know a little more about the network setup?

Are there different networks using the same intranet?

What IP ranges are you using?

Have you checked the IP address range being used is the same on both the older and newer Datalogic device?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Single access point, DHCP, device ip:10.90.3.57, subnet mask: 255.255.0.0, gateway 10.90.1.1.
Ping works both ways, I can rdp with it, I can see the embedded webservers default page from another computer. But the device still can't see any webpage from iesample.exe
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
network seems okay.

Have you tried doing any resets, e.g. a cold boot or a clean boot?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
removed battery, then restarted cold boot. I don't know howto fully reset the op system.

Ok, try a clean boot next... A "clean boot" is a cold boot that causes the device to be restored to factory configuration. The Memor will reset to its factory configuration, clear the working RAM and initialize the file system. You will lose any applications and data stored in persistent flash memory. At the next startup the system will ask to recalibrate the touch screen.

To perform a clean boot, follow these steps:

Step 1 - Perform a Cold Boot first.

Step 2 - Quickly release all the keys when the screen goes black.

Step 3 - Within 1 second press and hold down the Esc and 0 keys until the left orange led starts blinking.

Step 4 - Release the Esc and 0 keys.

Step 5 - Enter 1 to proceed with the Clean Boot sequence.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Well. Clean boot did not help. I re-configured the network. iesample still cant load anything. One interesting popup dialog: when I tried to visit hte first website (sg.hu) it reminded me, that i'm going to visit a secure website... but it is not a secure website!
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
But it is. It redirects to one.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
But how ie knows? In the address bar it stays http://sg.hu
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Okay, the problem spread to another device, which led me to restart the router. Do not buy an ASUS RT-AC55U, it's a piece of garbage. Everything is fine now.
Thank you for trying!
Pete, Networking Engineer