bbao
bbao, System Administrator
Experience:  CISM / CISSP / MCSD - Azure Solutions Architect / MCSE - Cloud Platform and Infrastructure / MS MVP
96068672

Nothing with my network, I have a question that was

Customer Question

Hello
JA: Hi. How can we be of help?
Customer: Nothing with my network, I have a question that was submitted on this site prior. The question is: As an experienced networking professional, you are asked to conduct a posture assessment on a local credit union’s network. The credit
union currently has two locations, a headquarters office downtown and a branch office on the east side of town. The headquarters has the
following equipment:
● Ten Windows XP and ten Windows 7 workstations, connected to a Windows Server 2008 R2 file server
● One Windows Server 2008 R2 RRAS server accessed by home workers after hours
● One Windows Server 2008 R2 print server
● One Linux database server
● One Apache Web server for members to check their account balances online
● One firewall where the network connects to the credit union’s ISP via a T3 dedicated linkThe east-­‐side office has five Windows 7 workstations, connected to the headquarters office Windows Server 2008 R2 server through a T1
link.
At the headquarters, the servers reside in a locked room that admits authorized users with an electronic badge access system. Both locations have numerous security cameras, including cameras in the computer room. The manager also tells you that the credit union has a security policy that all employees are required to read and sign when they become employees. He believes that the network is very secure and asks you if he could do anything else to ensure that the network is safe from security breaches. In response, create a checklist
of items on this network that should be evaluated for security. Sketch a network diagram for the credit union (remember to include connectivity devices necessary for the LAN and WAN connections). Describe any entry points (physical or data transmission related) or situations that constitute potential security risks. In addition, explain how the credit union manager could better train his employees to
understand network security.
JA: Have you contacted anyone about your account?
Customer: this was answered before on here and I needed some help
JA: What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: nothing. This for a class and I see that A Stevens had answered this question before
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: http://www.justanswer.com/computer-networking/7dsqm-experienced-networking-professional-asked.html
JA: Anything else you want the network expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Networking
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do you think you can be of assistance to me?
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Would you prefer to wait for "A Stevens" to respond to your question?

I cannot do the network charting, myself, I am sorry to say. Would you prefer another Expert handle this question? if so, I will Opt Out, and open it to others.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please opt out
Thank you
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

I have done so. Thank you for your patience meanwhile.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do you think it will take 24 hours?
Expert:  bbao replied 1 year ago.
Hi there, this is Bing, as a senior networking and security professional I can help you on this. Please advise if you would like to continue.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I would like to continue.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Why would you refer me to a new network tech? I though you said you could handle?
Expert:  bbao replied 1 year ago.
No one referred me. Your question popped out as a new question waiting for experts to answer, and any expert in this area can pick it up. However, if you do prefer a specific expert, I may opt out and let you wait until that expert is available. Please advise.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I already requested a refund for this service. Thanks for your help though. I do not need assistance at this time
Expert:  bbao replied 1 year ago.
No worries. I opt out and wish you good luck.