Nathan, System Administrator
Experience:  IT systems admin, network installer
59725966

What is the best wifi router for a restaurant with about

Customer Question

What is the best wifi router for a restaurant with about 4000 sqft and sharing with a pos system ?
Category: Networking
Expert:  bbao replied 1 year ago.

Hi Three, This Bing, how can I help you today?

Expert:  bbao replied 1 year ago.

4000 soft open area? Or, divided into individual rooms? Another key question is where are the WiFi clients are distributed in the area?

Expert:  bbao replied 1 year ago.

And how many (max number) wireless users do you expect?

Expert:  bbao replied 1 year ago.

Are you there? I am opting out. Take you time to get more requirement details.

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today.

Sorry to hear that you’re having trouble with this but I’ll do my best to help you out.

Do you still need help with this?

If so, can you tell me more about the building layout, and where the router would be installed in relation to the rest of the building (Central, corner, etc)

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The area is open approx 50 x 80 with a occupancy of 221. I'd assume maybe 50 or 60 customers could be on at one time. The WiFi router would be pretty central
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Great, thanks.

There are a lot of options for this, but I'd recommend this model: http://amzn.to/2czliS9

It will connect to your modem with an ethernet cable. It is easily configured, and you can run the POS off it via ethernet or via a secure wifi network. You can set up a separate guest network which can be secured with a password ***** not, for your customers to use.

If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please take a moment to rate my service using the stars at the top of the page; hopefully I have earned 5 Stars. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://bit.ly/1QwLxGh and ask for Nathan.

Thank you, ***** ***** a nice day,

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

.

Expert:  Nathan replied 12 months ago.

Were you able to purchase the router? Do you need any more help with this?