Networking

Ask Computer Networking Questions and Get Answers ASAP

Networking

I just bought a Netgear AC1900 yesterday to replace my

Customer Question
Comcast modem. The Comcast...
I just bought a Netgear AC1900 yesterday to replace my Comcast modem. The Comcast modem has a RJ11 port to attach my telephone system, but the Netgear AC1900 has no RJ11 port.
Can I attach my telephone system to the AC1900 by plugging my RJ11 cable from my telephone system into one of the RJ45 (LAN) ports on the Netgear AC1900?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Networking
9/7/2016
Network Technician: Byron, PC Support Tech replied 1 year ago
Byron
Byron, PC Support Tech

Hi Phil. My name is***** you for your question and the opportunity to assist.

Please do not plug your phone line into an ethernet port as that will not work.

Can I ask which company provides your service?

Return the router to Fry's and tell them you need

this model: http://www.frys.com/product/8532819?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG

Review the picture of the back of the router. It has the RJ11 port you need

on the back of the router on the right-hand side.

Byron
Byron
Byron, PC Support Tech