Networking

Ask Computer Networking Questions and Get Answers ASAP

Networking

I'm trying to set up my new Linksys range extender and its a

Customer Question
Hi! I'm trying to set up...
Hi!
I'm trying to set up my new Linksys range extender and its a nightmare :)
Model: RE6500
Serial No: 14S10P01608737
MAC:###-##-####E1
Modem: Xfinity
Step 4 of set up: Connect the range extender to phone or tablet....
*Done :)
Step 5 of set up: Launch set by via http://extender.linksys.com
* Done :)
At this point, I get to the set up screen, choose the extender and then absolutely nothing happens. The trouble shooting questions on the guide say to make sure I'm connected to the extender and I am and then refresh the browser. I did this step at least 12 times and absolutely nothing.
suggestions? :)
thanks!!!
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Networking
8/27/2016
Network Technician: Byron, PC Support Tech replied 1 year ago
Byron
Byron, PC Support Tech

Hi. My name is***** you for your question. When the extender is plugged in to power it starts to broadcast its own wireless network

Linksys Extender Setup – xxx, where xxx are the last three (3) characters of the range extender’s MAC address.

Do you see that network showing up on a wireless laptop, phone or tablet?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
i'm connected to it - using my phone.

Ok. It would be better to use a laptop but if that's all that's available we'll try to make it work.

What browser are you using on the phone?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
its an android, using google to access extender.linksys.com
no laptop available

Do you get the the screen that says "Welcome to RE6500 Setup" ?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Although my phone shows I am connected to the extender, the screen shows:
You're not connected to the range extender's network.

If in the list of wireless networks on your phone it says your connected to Linksys Extender Setup – xxx

open the browser and enter either http://extender.linksys.com or 192.168.1.1 in the Address bar

Yes, what? Did you reach the setup page?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
negative
Network Technician: IT Miro, Computer Scientist replied 1 year ago
IT Miro, Computer Scientist

Hello! My name is*****
I am a certified computer professional who will assist you with the problem you described.

It looks like the previous Expert is not available any more. I can continue assisting you.
Please tell me if you have a computer you can use to set up the extender?

I am awaiting your reply.

Thanks,

Hello again!

I am following up with you to see if you require further assistance. Let me know by sending me a reply below.

Thanks,

Claws224, IEEE Network Engineer