Networking

Ask Computer Networking Questions and Get Answers ASAP

Networking

TO SET UP A BELKIN N600 WIRELESS EXTENDER, BUIT

Customer Question
i'M ATTEMPTING TO SET UP...
i'M ATTEMPTING TO SET UP A BELKIN N600 WIRELESS EXTENDER, BUIT I'M HAVING DIFFICULTIES.PRIMARILY BECAUSE I DONT KNOW WHAT IM DOING. ISN'T THERE A SITE THAT I CAN GET DIRECTIONS FROM.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Networking
Answered in 1 hour by:
8/14/2016
Network Technician: IT Miro, Computer Scientist replied 1 year ago
IT Miro, Computer Scientist

Hello! My name is*****
I am a certified computer professional who will assist you with the problem you described.

In order to set up your Belkin N600 wireless extender, you first need to connect it to your computer using an Ethernet cable. Disable the WiFi connection on your computer in case you have both WiFi and Ethernet connections. You can then configure the extender by opening a web browser and typing this web address:

http://belkin.range

There follow the instructions to set up your extender. The extender will scan for nearby WiFi networks and you will need to select yours (the one you want to extend). You then need to select it and type the password ***** that WiFi network (in case you don't know the WiFi password, check the bottom or rear side of your base router). If your base router supports both 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz channels, you can extend both WiFi channels (networks).

Once done, you will see a new WiFi network ending with _xt meaning it is an extended WiFi network. For example, if your home WiFi network is named MyWiFi, the extended WiFi name will be named MyWiFi_xt. Use the same password ***** connecting to the extended network as if you were connecting to your base WiFi network.

To help with the set up, you can open this web page:

http://www.belkin.com/us/support-article?articleNum=42270

There is a video and step by step instructions on how to set up the Belkin N600 wireless extender.

In case you encounter problems, let me know.

Regards,

Hello again!

I am following up with you to see if you require further assistance. Let me know by sending me a reply below.

If you don't require further assistance, please take a moment to rate my assistance by clicking on the stars located in the upper right corner of the page.

Thanks,

Hello again!

Several days have passed since I sent you my answer, and you haven't replied to my last message, so I am wondering if you still require assistance.

Let me know by sending me a reply below.

Thanks,

IT Miro, Computer Scientist