Networking

Ask Computer Networking Questions and Get Answers ASAP

Networking

This is a galaxy s7 question, the phone wont recognize my

Customer Question
home wireless router,every other device...
this is a galaxy s7 question, the phone wont recognize my home wireless router,every other device I have does, I went in to add network and it still wont display the router on the screen, this phone is only a few days old so is it the phone or me
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Networking
8/2/2016
Network Technician: comp_audio, System Administrator replied 1 year ago
comp_audio
comp_audio, System Administrator

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will assist you as best I can today.

The S7 like the S6 should by default be able to see your router without any issues. However, it is possible you might have it in Airplane mode. Do you know how to check that?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
airplane mode is off

Are you able to see other routers outside of your own? Say if you were to go to an inet cafe?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
it picks up my printer at home and displays networks that are available in stores

When was the last time you rebooted your router? And is it a modem and router in one?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
tried that yesterday and it is a modem and router in one, my printer and pc are running off of it, and our older phones see it and run off of it, not sure what to make of it.

Okay, then I would run it to your local store where you bought it and ask them to replace it. It seems to me that something is wrong. Does it see your router and does not accept the password ***** simply does not see it?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
does not see it. Taking it back was the next plan,thanks for the ideas

Since it is so new and most likely not much else on it I would think. You could try to do a factory reset?

Factory reset Galaxy S7 or S7 edge the easy way

• Open the Settings app.
  • Choose Backup & Restore > Factory Data Reset.
  • Now select Reset Device > Erase Everything.
  • Confirm the warnings and wait for the process to finish.
  • Once done, reboot your phone.

But only do this IF you have nothing on your phone like pictures and such that you do not want to lose.

Something else to look for...

There has been multiple reports of all sort of wifi issues happening affecting different phones not just the S7/edge, and for the most part it has been fixed by forcing the wifi router to use just IPv4 and disable IPv6, check your router to see how you can force that.

Please let me know the status of your phone and if all is working please remember to accept my answer and rate the support I have given. If there are still issues then reply and let me further assist. Thanks in advance.

comp_audio
comp_audio
comp_audio, System Administrator