hongkongpom
hongkongpom, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Techician since 2007
40928634

I cannot connect my tablet to the internet. What is the

Customer Question

I cannot connect my tablet to the internet. What is the password ***** key?
Category: Networking
Expert:  Mike the Mac Medic replied 12 months ago.

Are you saying you forgot your WiFi password?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
I have it written down, but it is not being accepted by the tablet.

What model tablet? Are you sure the passowrd is correct? What other devices are connected successfully?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
ASUS Transformer100; I may have made one change to the password, which was reverted, I think, to the original. Roku, Insignia Television, HP laptop.
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
The router is E2500, Linksys.

First unplug your router and / or modem from power for a few minutes. Then follow the directions her to reset your tablet: http://www.hardreset.info/devices/asus/asus-transformer-book-t100-chi/

Then let me know

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
The router is E2500, Linksys. I really dont want to reset the tablet, as I will lose all the data I have stored in it. I turned it off and replugged and I still cannot connect to the internet.

Just hold the power key until it goes off then start it up again

I can remote connect and look at your router settings

The other option is to disconnect one of the other devices from the WiFi then reconnect it to see if your password ***** *****

Are you there?

You have already paid so if you are satisfied, please kindly provide an OK or Above Rating - so I get paid. Also please note we get paid the same no matter how long it takes to solve your issue, so bonuses are GREATLY appreciated. Keep in mind you can always come back to this page at any time regarding this question. Thanks!!

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Nothing listed above worked. I won't rate until I get some sort of satisfaction.

Did you disconnect one of the other devices from the WiFi then reconnect it to see if your password ***** *****? If the password ***** then I need to know that since you never came back I have no idea?

Expert:  hongkongpom replied 11 months ago.

Hello firstly please look on the bottom of your router as the password ***** be on a sticker.

Failing that, if the HP laptop is connected to your Wifi you can use that to view the password ***** your network. Please follow these instructions

​You can also download & install the programme detailed in the link if you cannot retrieve the password.
Please let me know if you have any further questions.