Networking

Ask Computer Networking Questions and Get Answers ASAP

Networking

I'm looking on connecting my vizio TV to my wireless

Customer Question
Hi! I'm looking for advice...
Hi! I'm looking for advice on connecting my vizio TV to my wireless internet. My TV is picking up all surrounding neighbor's wifi except mine.
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: 4 days
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: None haha sorry! I'm new at this so I was looking up troubleshooting advice online.
JA: The network expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: My laptop, phone, and ipad are all connected to the wifi and it is obviously working since I'm online chatting with you! :)
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your laptop, and what operating system are you running?
Customer: no issues with my laptop... it is my television that won't connect to my wifi in my apartment.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Networking
7/23/2016
Network Technician: Randy IT Tech, Network Administrator replied 1 year ago
Randy IT Tech
Randy IT Tech, Network Administrator

My name is ***** ***** certified professional with over 10 years experience. I will be glad to assist you with this.

I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.

What is the brand/model of your wifi modem?

Do you have any other devices connected to your home wifi network?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I do not know I'm sorry
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
my laptop, ipad, and phone are all connected onto the wifi

okay, approximately how far is the tv from the router?

Do you still need help with this?

Randy IT Tech
Randy IT Tech
Randy IT Tech, Network Administrator