Claws224, IEEE Network Engineer
Experience:  IEEE, Microsoft
5195814

In order to register my new Kindle, I need not only my WiFi

Customer Question

In order to register my new Kindle, I need not only my WiFi network number--which I have, but also the password, which does come up on my computer, but it is not valid--any answer?
JA: Have you tried unplugging your router for about ten seconds? And what about other devices? Do they have connectivity?
Customer: Is my router the AC adapter on my desk which is connected to my elec. power strip at one end and my laptop on the other?
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I have followed instructions on the Amazon Kindle support site on how to register my Kindle.
Category: Networking
Expert:  Viet - Network Tech replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Is the kindle asking for Wi-Fi / wireless password? Or Amazon account password?

What is the exact error or message?

Are you able to check / confirm the wi-fi / wireless password ***** key?

What is the model of your Internet modem/router device?

Do you have a laptop / wireless computer that is currently connected via wireless? If so, does it have Windows xp, vista, or 7, 8, 10, or Mac?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help. Thank you,