Jason Jones, Network Technician
Experience:  Years of experience and education.
30759776

My pc is pretty new and does not have the connector COM

Customer Question

My pc is pretty new and does not have the connector for a COM port. My PC is running Windows 10
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: Since I first tried to connect to the serial device 6 months ago. I have been picking others brains and have not found a solution yet.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I looked at the software I am connecting with and do not see any help.
JA: Have you tested the connections by doing a ping utility test?
Customer: I have tried all 3 USB ports and the software doesn't recognize. No I am not familiar with that term.
JA: The network expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: That might be helpful. Thank you.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Network Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Networking
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 1 year ago.

Greetings,

My name is ***** ***** I will be the one helping you today. I have been in your shoes more times than I can count. It is true that most new computers do not come equipped with COM (RS232) ports. In such cases, you may use a usb to COM port adapter just like the one found at the following page: https://www.amazon.com/Plugable-Adapter-Prolific-PL2303HX-Chipset/dp/B00425S1H8

I look forward to hearing your feedback concerning whether or not your problem is fixed.

I hope to hear back that all is working. If this is so, please do not forget to rate my help on the top of this page (choose the number of stars and click the Submit button). If it is not, please respond below.

I will be standing by,
Jason

In the future, if you wish to work with me, ***** *****, you may ask your question at the following page. To keep them handy, you may wish to bookmark or favorite one of the pages that are listed below. To be sure that it is sent to me, preface the question with "For ***** ***** Only!".

Profile page:

http://JasonFixedit.com