Networking

I added a video to my LINKED in profile. WHat is the best…

i added a video to...
i added a video to my LINKED in profile. WHat is the best way to let my 500 linked in contacts know about it and invite them to view through linkedIN?... Read full answer
i added a video to my LINKED in profile. WHat is the best way to let my 500 linked in contacts know about it and invite them to view through linkedIN?
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/26/2016
WesPCDr
WesPCDr, Certified Networking Engineer

Hello, I'm Wes, and I'll be assisting you today.

There are two best options with LinkedIn.

Use Share an Update when you want to share a short message to all your contacts including links.

The other option is to Publish a Post.

This is perfect when you want to write a paragraph or more and post the link to your video as well. This enables you to share more detail and "tell a story"

If you just want to say "Hey, check out this new video I made" use the share an update feature.

does the share and update give me a little space to write about what the update is and how they can view the video

The Publish a Post is for more detailed information.

Either one will let your 500+ contacts see what you post online.

can tell how/where to find BOTH options

Not really, the share an update only allows about 3-4 sentences.

Sure. Both are on your main profile page.

Here are some great examples of each:

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/sharing-update-vs-publishing-post-linkedin-anna-lewis

I will remain online in this chat window if you need additional help so I can assist further.
Please rate my answer based on your satisfaction and help received.
Thank you.

Did that link help you?

cant find where to write up short update / invite

To share an update, login to Linkedin.com and on the main page below your profile image is a box called "Share an Update"

Click on that box and you will be able to write your message.

and where do I get the link to share the video posted on my profile

Go to the page where your video is and right-click on the video to copy the URL.

Then paste that URL into the message your are writing and LinkedIn will pull the video into your message automatically.

ok --still cant find share an update ???

Click Home on the main menu once logged into LinkedIn.

Let me know if you see your profile image.

yes

You should see some buttons below the image to "Share an Update"

Be sure that you are logged in or you will not see the buttons.

I logged in....I see my name....but there is nothing below it

Can you send me a screenshot of the page?

You might also see "What's on your mind?" instead depending on your account type.

Also, some Ad blocking software may hide the button.

The button is supposed to look like this:

http://thelinkedinman.com/share-update-linkedin/

right clicking on the video isn't getting me the URL

When moving a mouse over the video, look for any buttons that may pop up to show the URL. If there is a YouTube button, click on it and it will take you to YouTube where you can copy the URL.
Otherwise, you can post the link to the profile page where your video is.
If that does not work, then posting the video to YouTube and copy the URL would be the best option.

WesPCDr
WesPCDr, Certified Networking Engineer
Still looking for an answer to your question? 
Similar Q&As
I am installing some underground rated fiber optic cable in
I am installing some underground rated fiber optic cable in conduit with a length of about 500 feet. The fiber I have is the end of a reel of Corning MM 62.5 and I will need to cut it, strip the two f… read more
bbao
bbao
Freelance IT Consultant,
I am trying to apply for a job at Microsoft via LinkedIN and
Hello,I am trying to apply for a job at Microsoft via LinkedIN and it is not connecting. I have spent over an hour troubleshooting this by unplugging the router, logging off and on of the computer and… read more
David L
David L
I keep getting invitations from Linkedin to connect with
I keep getting invitations from Linkedin to connect with someone. I assume these are generated by Linkedin and not the people involved because I don't know them and in some cases I don't have a favora… read more
William Harder
William Harder
SR Sytems Engineer,
Technical School
Stop searching for answers—
A couple of people have recently told me that they were mot
A couple of people have recently told me that they were mot able to find my Linkedin page online. Also, I'm curently unable to send invitations to connect. The only button that I see is the one for in… read more
Lorenz Vauck
Lorenz Vauck
Computer Expert,
Electrical Engineering
I am looking for my Quintum Dx2048, the Tenor configuration
I am looking for my Quintum Dx2048, the Tenor configuration manager software, where can I find it or buy it?… read more
DrKlahn
DrKlahn
Principal Systems Engineer,
I have joined linkedin and I have commented on several posts.
I have joined linkedin and I have commented on several posts. My question is how I add picture with my post and I also need my name to appear under my picture. I have been trying for several days, but… read more
Randy IT Tech
Randy IT Tech
Get a personalized answer to your question. 
I want to advertise my business on Facebook. I have a "profile"
I want to advertise my business on Facebook. I have a "profile" facebook account, and I added a "Page" for my business. Beyond that I am not sure what the next step is. I suspect an "ad" in Facebook? … read more
there is so much contact made that requires either FACEBOOK,
there is so much contact made that requires either FACEBOOK, TWITTER OR OTHER SITES. MY CHILDREN DO NOT RECOMMEND THAT I USE FACEBOOK BUT ISN'T THE SECURITY JUST ABOUT THE SAME AS EMAIL IS? CAN JUST A… read more
Quality Assurance Engineer, Entrepreneur,
Linkedin question. If someone asks me to accept an link invitation
Linkedin question. If someone asks me to accept an link invitation on Linkedin and I accept, that person receives a notice that I have accepted the link. If (for whatever reason) I later decide to unl… read more
Toby K.
Toby K.
Team Lead/Technical Support Specialist,
Im looking for a website to which I can upload images.
I'm looking for a website to which I can upload images. I want to put those images into separate galleries and I want to password XXXXX each gallery. I don't need a free service, but I do need it to b… read more
Support Specialist,
Hi, can someone hack my computer and if so, to what extent,
Hi, can someone hack my computer? and if so, to what extent, 1)can they see if I view their facebook page, not login, just view, can they get my passwords?… read more
David L
David L
Pornography contacts are automatically adding themselves to
Pornography contacts are automatically adding themselves to my contact list on my hotmail email account. Where do they come from, how do I get rid of them, and how do I block them from ever coming bac… read more
Ansh P.
Ansh P.
System Analyst,
Stop searching for answers—
Im not sure this is the right category, or even if there is
I'm not sure this is the right category, or even if there is a category. I want to advertise a service to people in my area who are LinkedIn members. I know it's possible because when I Googled that t… read more
AJ Bunde
AJ Bunde
Server/Network Engineer,
Hi; I am a very frustrated hotmail customer trying to find
Hi; I am a very frustrated hotmail customer trying to find the steps/routes to removing a"friend". Inadvertantly accepted an invitation for adding a person to my list of friends in messenger and now a… read more
David Kirk
David Kirk
Software Engineer,
My Iphone 3G will not sync the calendar with my Outlook 2010
My Iphone 3G will not sync the calendar with my Outlook 2010 running on Vista for Business 32Bit. I get an error message stating "sync server failed". I can however sync other features such as contact… read more
Support Technician,
I just realized that when I view others profile they know I
I just realized that when I view others profile they know I am viewing. After I realized this I disabled this feature. Will the people I viewed today know it or the fact that I diabled this feature a … read more
IT Manager,
Hi I needto update my computers physical memory what do I
Hi I needto update my computers physical memory what do I do? I am not real good with computer stuff. Thank you XXXXX… read more
Molinari
Molinari
Professional Tech Expert,
CompTIA A+ Certification
I invited one person to connect, LInkedin invited my entire
I invited one person to connect, LInkedin invited my entire AOL address book! There are some people I do NOT want to link to! (My ex-husband has already accepted!) How do I correct your unwanted mista… read more
Networking Guru
Networking Guru
Network Support Specialist,