Networking

Ask Computer Networking Questions and Get Answers ASAP

Networking

I forgot the password to my router. years ago, none, is

Customer Question
I forgot the password *****...
I forgot the password ***** my router.
JA: When did you last reset your username and password?
Customer: years ago
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: none
JA: The network expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: is there a cost?
JA: You just pay a $5 deposit now and the rest only when you get a reply from the Network Technician. All of this is 100% satisfaction guaranteed, so you can get a refund if you're not happy for any reason.
Customer: how much is the rest?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Network Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Networking
6/24/2016
Network Technician: Ashik, PC Technician replied 1 year ago
Ashik, PC Technician

Hi, I'm Ashik. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP

Did you forget your WiFi/Wireless password ?

Do you have any computer there connected to your WiFi network (not via cable) ?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I know my wifi password, but not my router password ***** access the internet on my phone. I had my laptop connected, but the hard drive recently failed so its not working and I'm trying to access the internet on my phone.

There are two passwords. One is router configuration password ***** is to connect to your router to make changes on it like WiFi password, WiFi name, internet settings etc.

Second is the WiFi/Wireless password. This is the password ***** use on your devices to connect to WiFi network of router, so you can access internet.

So to connect to your router, you need to use WiFi password. Please tell me now which password ***** you looking for

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
one minute, I am trying my my Wifi password ***** my phone

Ok, take your time.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
is the wifi/wireless password ***** one I have thru my internet carrier?

Yes. The WiFi or wireless password ***** ***** password ***** need to enter on your phone to connect to your WiFi network (of router). You may see this password ***** the bottom or back of the router. It should say WPA key, passphrase etc.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I will check for that, I cannot at the moment since I am at the library because I have no internet access at home with my laptop down. :( Thank U for your help.

You're welcome. If you give me the model and make of your router, I will give you instructions to get that password ***** from the router (using your through Ethernet/cable connection).

FYI You can connect your laptop to the router via Ethernet cable and can access internet connection without any password.

If you have not replaced the hard drive of your laptop, then you can get the password ***** any computer connected to the router via cable. may be you can use your friends' laptop meantime to get the password ?

Remember, it is possible that your ISP Tech may changed the default WiFi password. In that case, the default password ***** have may not work on your phone. So you need to connect a computer (PC or laptop) to the router via eithernet cable and then you can easily get that changed WiFi password. If you tell me the model and make of the router, I will send you instructions on how to do that.

You can get back to me any time you want via www.justanswer.com or using the email you may received from this website.

Have a great day,

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
That's not possible at this time, I have no one locally to assist me :(
I would have to go home and get the make and model of my router.

If the default password ***** the WiFi password ***** have is not working, then a physical connection via Ethernet to the router from a computer is necessary to get the password. Or you can take the router to any location you have to access to another computer will also work. The router just need to be plugged in to the computer to get the WiFi password ***** the one you have is not working.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
ok

Let me know how it goes when you get home.

You can get back to me any time you want via www.justanswer.com or via the email you may received from this website.

Good Luck..

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The default password ***** ***** WPA key on the router?

Yes

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thank You Ashik....

You're most welcome. Let me know how it goes

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I will.....

Thanks

(No need to reply back now. I have to be the one to post last reply in here)

Ashik, PC Technician