Networking

Ask Computer Networking Questions and Get Answers ASAP

Networking

I recently changed my Comcast router to xfinity x1 and can

Customer Question
only know get my Foscam...
I recently changed my Comcast router to xfinity x1 and can only know get my Foscam cameras to work while on an Ethernet cable. I cannot get them to connect to wifi. Please help I have gone through the set up process via Foscam to no avail
JA: Have you tried unplugging your router for about ten seconds? And what about other devices? Do they have connectivity?
Customer: Yes to both but I will try to unplug it again
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I've been at it since yesterday. I've tried resetting the cameras and reinstalling.
JA: The network expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: I can't think of anything thanks
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Network Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Networking
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/18/2016
Network Technician: Kamil Anwar, Certified Networking Engineer replied 1 year ago
Kamil Anwar, Certified Networking Engineer

Hello & Welcome to JustAnswer. How many camera's do you have connected and have you tried logging into it's interface via the IP Address to connect it to the WiFi? Thanks

Claws224, IEEE Network Engineer