Networking

Ask Computer Networking Questions and Get Answers ASAP

Networking

I am the original owner of a Netgear AC1200 range extender.

Customer Question
I left for vacation for...
I am the original owner of a Netgear AC1200 range extender. I left for vacation for a week and now the 2g-2gext will not connect to any device. I got in once to update firmware but now cannot even with Ethernet cable.
Thanks
Brian (###) ###-####
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Networking
5/30/2016
Network Technician: Richard, Network Specialist replied 1 year ago
Richard, Network Specialist

Hi there Brian and welcome

Can you remove the power to the extender and wait 5 minutes.

Then connect the power to it and tell me if you can now connect to it please.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No does not connect

Whats the message you get when it fails to connect?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Just keeps looking for authentication and ip address

Thanks, ***** ***** extender is a reset button. Using a pin or pen, push it in for 10 seconds then release while it is powered on.

Then set it up again like when you first received it and tell me if you can now connect please.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
That will take awhile.. be back with you
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Per on or off

Thank you

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Power

ok, I have to via this system reply to every message, and I do not want to miss the completed reply, let me know please in a message when the process is complete or if you have an issue please

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Done... 5gext connects 2gext does not. Asks for authentication then obtaining ip address but no connection

On which device? All devices?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No device... I tried 3. All do the same

ok, change the wireless channel for 2.4ghz to either 1,6 or 11 and tell me if it can connect on either of these please.

Wireless channel you find under wireless settings.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
On the extender?

yes please

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Cannot get into the extender to change

Even on 5GHZ? As it was connecting on that correct?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I'll try again on 5g

thanks

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Mywifiext.net says setup successful. Got 5g wifi but cannot get into extender 192.168.1.250

Is this a windows computer?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Using an iPad ... have no wifi windows computer. Only windows computers are network hardwired

ok, on the iPad go to Settings, general, Reset, reset network settings.

Once done, connect to the wifi again and tell me if it now functions please.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok

it connected?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Still waiting for ipad

ok, thanks

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
5gext no longer connects.. just grinding

Thanks

It is the internal memory that has faulted.

A corrupted firmware can cause this. But we have ruled this out.

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the extender to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I will not downgrade your help but please cancel all charges to my credit card and any subscription. Please send proof of cancellationSorry
Brian

oh ok Brian, if you don't intend to pay me for the service recieved, then you need to contact customer service for a refund

Richard, Network Specialist