Networking

Ask Computer Networking Questions and Get Answers ASAP

Networking

I have a NETGEAR WNDR4500 dual-band router. I download a

Customer Question
I have a NETGEAR...
I have a NETGEAR WNDR4500 dual-band router. I download a firmware upgrade .zip file. I extract it and try to upload it. The upload fails. The extracted file is described as "recovered file fragments". I have tried this with 3 different firmware upgrade files with the same result. What do those results mean and what can I do about it?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Networking
5/16/2016
Network Technician: Byron, PC Support Tech replied 1 year ago
Byron
Byron, PC Support Tech
Hi Bob. My name is***** you for your question and the opportunity to assist.When the firmware upgrade fails, what error message is it giving you?
I checked the site where I believe you were downloading from and did indeed get the "recovered file fragment"you did.There were three different WNDR4500 versions. Can you look on your router label and let me know which version you have?
I'd like to help you resolve this issue one way or another. Did you just upgrade your cable speed and you'renot getting what you're paying for or was the router working at full speed previously and suddenlyslowed down?
Claws224, IEEE Network Engineer