Networking

Ask Computer Networking Questions and Get Answers ASAP

Networking

I lost my password ***** my cisco e2500. I still have access

Customer Question
to it through my present...
I lost my password ***** my cisco e2500. I still have access to it through my present computer because it logs in automatically. However, I want to add a smart tv to it, but don't know the password
JA: Cisco question, huh? Fortunately, the tech wizards we work with know networking, and I'd like to connect you with the best one for this. Is there anything else important you think the Network Technician should know?
Customer: not at moment. My knowledge is limited
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Network Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Networking
Answered in 1 minute by:
5/13/2016
Network Technician: Nathan, System Administrator replied 1 year ago
Nathan, System Administrator
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. There are a few possible ways to get (or change) your password:1) You can look for a sticker on the back/side of the router, which indicates the factory default (key/passphrase). Note this only works if the password ***** never changed/customized when the router was initially configured2) You can access the router configuration menu via a computer that is already connected to the router, either via wifi or wired ethernet. This lets you view/change the password.3) you can do a factory reset of the router, clearing all settings, and allowing that default password ***** function again. Doing this results in having to update the password ***** all devices.Of these options, I'd suggest #2, but I'll be happy to give more info on any of them. Or, if you aren't comfortable doing so yourself, I can do it for you remotely. Thank you,Nathan
Do you need more help with this?If so, simply reply back on this page.Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so.Nathan
Nathan, System Administrator